Okay, so I noticed in my last post I mentioned Shelby at the end .. & I've realised that you readers don't know who I'm talking about ! So let me say a little story & explanation to you .. :
The Story :One day in August 2008 I came up to the barn for my usual weekly lesson. I checked the board, and right there next to my name said Shelby. I had never ridden her, neither had anyone else in my lesson. I got her tacked up and ready, what a sweetheart she was, but when I mounted up, she was not what I expected. Sure i had to point my crop to her ears, sure she bucked, sure she made me use my legs so much that they ached for days after. But everyone told me that I was good on her, so I started asking to ride her again. I never knew that I would get so attached to this mare. Sure, I've loved horses and ponies in the past, but this was different. And I could feel it.Fall was the same as the beginning. Crop to the ears. Leg on. ALWAYS.But in Winter, things started to change. Not much, but there was something different about her. I took a bad fall off of her sometime in January, and my coach took me off her for a few weeks, and all I wanted to do was get back on! And when I did, I swear. Different horse. Things started to come together. At last. Not completely. But it was a start. Still needed the crop, but I didn't need to point it towards her ears.Spring and Summer was when everything was perfect. Sure she's still a buckaroo, but never for long. Sometimes she doesn't buck AT ALL in lessons. And that's amazing for her. We have something amazing going on. And it's unbreakable. She's come on in leaps and bounds, and so have I. She's taught me so much. And she's the reason I'm the rider I am today. I love her so much.
So now you know who Shelby is, & how much I love her. I always will .. (L)
I sometimes wonder if She'll Be Loved will ever NOT be loved by me ..
Until next time,
Love ,
Christina (L)
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh wow, it sounds like you really like herr. I love the storyy! Thnkas for answerring my comment! :)
ReplyDeletethaanks
ReplyDeleteand yes i do :)
and no problem !